The schedule I argument is not even an argument any longer nor has it been for many years. Yet, in spite of overwhelming scientific evidence the Federal Government has continued to remain firm on the position that marijuana is a schedule I substance. WHY?
WHY should we respect the laws of a government that does not respect the rights and dignity of the people it is supposed to serve?
WHY should we respect a government that does not respect the rights and dignity of the people it is supposed to serve?
The following is quoted text from Wikipedia:
Required findings for drugs to be placed in this schedule:
- The drug or other substance has a high potential for abuse.
- The drug or other substance has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States.
- There is a lack of accepted safety for use of the drug or other substance under medical supervision.
Except as specifically authorized, it is illegal for any person:
- to manufacture, distribute, or dispense, or possess with intent to manufacture, distribute, or dispense, a controlled substance; or
- to create, distribute, or dispense, or possess with intent to distribute or dispense, a counterfeit substance.